Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL)
History, Facts and Overview
(Dallas, Texas - TX, USA)
One of America's most historic airports, Love Field dates back to 1917 and is named after Lt. Moss Love, who sadly died in a plane crash several years earlier in 1913. The airport remained in use by the military air force until 1927, when civilian flights commenced. Growth of the airport was slow and steady, with a new terminal building built some 30 years later. Boeing jet planes soon began providing regular charter flights and passenger numbers quickly rose.
Even after the nearby Dallas Fort Worth Airport opened, passenger services remained stable, with legal restrictions placed on traffic in the controversial Wright Amendment. The 1970s saw inexpensive budget flights between cities such as San Antonio and Houston, provided by Southwest Airlines. In 2003, the airport completed a series of improvements, which included the redevelopment of a terminal and additional parking areas.
The terminal at Dallas Love Field Airport is home to several ATM machines, along with Wi-Fi Internet access, an aviation museum and also an appealing art gallery. Close to the security checkpoint gates, the lobby area has a wide selection of eateries, bars and cafés, as do both the east and the west concourses. Close to gates four and nine, the Foot Court is especially popular and offers a range of eateries.
Featuring an interesting design and many passenger comforts that are unmatched by larger rivals, the airport is extremely user friendly. Stores at Love Field Airport include the Grand Stand Sports Shop, Hudno's Boutique, and a number of different outlets of Hudson News, where various gifts are available for purchase.
Dallas Love Field features two business / conference centers that offer a great range of modern amenities and facilities to suit the needs of any meetings or telecommunication requirements. The conference rooms range in size, from small personal offices to large theater-like halls.